Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Good Kind of Pork



The Pig That Inspired All Of China That Life Is Worth Living

Posted on by Brent Lambert

Just when I thought my week was ruined after road construction outside meant getting only nine hours of sleep instead of ten, and then getting shampoo in my eyes in the shower, I found this little gem in the Daily Mail:


A pig which was born with just its two front legs has become an unlikely celebrity in Henan Province, China. The 10-month-old animal, known by villagers as Zhu Jianqiang, which means ‘Strong-Willed Pig’, was born with only two front legs, which it now uses to walk on. According to owner Wang, Zhu Jianqiang was one of nine piglets born in a litter this January.

He recalls: “My wife asked me to dump it but I refused as it’s a life. I thought I should give it a chance and unexpectedly it survived healthily.” Several days after Zhu’s birth Wang decided to train the two-legged female piglet to walk by lifting it up by its tail. “I trained her a while each day. After 30 days she could agilely walk upside down.

She proved to us that “no matter what form life is, it should continue to live on,” he said. “I won’t sell her no matter how much the offer is.”


Thanks Zhu, now it’s going to be really hard to find excuses not to go to the gym


----------->



"I cried because I had no shoes, till I met a man who had no feet"
- Persian Proverb


Its interesting to think that the more advanced society becomes, the more that we desire material things and yet the more that we loose our sense of what truly matters and what is more important, and we also loose our appreciation for the blessings that we already have. I happen to recall the saying "the grass is greener on the other side". Honestly? What a load of crap!!! No really, it is a bloody load of freakin horse manure!!! Whats that? You don't agree with me? Well, everybody is entitled to their own opinion, really, but for the sake of proving my point, ill use the example of Zhou the 2 legged pig.

Okay, Zhou was born with only 2 legs.. Tough shit. Thats life. in some weird perspective, and to personify the ol' piggie, lets just say their might have been some degree of depression and self pity (and before you argue by saying you doubt that a pig can get feelings such as this, kindly be reminded that i am PERSONIFYING the freaking pig. if you don't have an idea what the bloody word means, click on it and be enlightened. Thank you) and maybe a dash of self loathing with a tinge of fear that being a freak of nature that it might not live that long and the like. Granted, if this were indeed the case, i would find myself in dire straights indeed if i was this pig, and be envious of all my other porky siblings frolicking around. But by a twist of faith (and defiance of the dark wishes of Wang's wife), the pig not only gets a reprieve from the chopping block and the cooking pot, but gets a very valuable bit of mercy (yes this is very valuable, more so than Gold, in my humble opinion, and if you happen to doubt my opinion on the matter, ask the Jews or the Cambodians that were Exterminated by our 'fellow human beings(?)' , a lesson in become self sufficient and a certain degree of notoriety in the village that would ensure a moderately cozy life.

So, in this regard, i ask you, dear reader, this question... 'How is the grass truly greener on the other side for Zhu the Pig?'

No comments:

Post a Comment